By Michael E. Cohen
Utilizing your iPad isn't really a passive task. With its lovely touchscreen, back and front cameras, and sweeping selection of apps, the iPad 2 is ideal for doing stuff--for construction, growing, and organizing. are looking to plan an occasion? deal with your mail and calendars? catch and edit a video? Even construct a wiki? you are able to do all that and extra along with your iPad. during this functional hands-on advisor, you will learn the way to:
- Build a recipe scrapbook: Write up recipes in Pages (or locate recipes utilizing one of many worthy recipe apps) and import photos of the dish to compliment the recipe on your scrapbook. Even study iPad kitchen tips!
- Plan a holiday: purchase tickets, locate vacation spot actions, and map out instructions.
- Master your media: circulate video clips with AirPlay, purchase or hire video clips from the iTunes shop, compose and checklist a track, and edit your individual movie.
- Get smarter: study one other language through the use of Google's Translate web page and construction an illustrated deck of flash playing cards with universal phrases and words.
Plus many extra invaluable projects--both significant and small--to assist you do stuff together with your iPad.
Read or Download The iPad 2 Project Book PDF
Best tablets & e-readers books
IPad app improvement is sizzling, with greater than 140,000 apps on hand in particular for the gadget and that quantity growing to be each day. The advent of iOS five and iCloud provides builders much more strategies to create fabulous iPad apps. This quickly and pleasant advisor to iPad app improvement is absolutely up-to-date for the latest improvements and covers every thing you want to comprehend, beginning with find out how to obtain the SDK and turn into an Apple developer the entire technique to polishing off your app and filing it to the App shop.
"Quickly layout and increase compelling person interfaces in your Android purposes Leverage the Android structures flexibility and tool to layout impactful user-interfaces construct compelling, simple functions that may glance nice on any Android gadget Make your program stand proud of the remaining with types and subject matters a pragmatic rookies advisor to take you step by step during the strategy of constructing consumer interfaces to get your functions spotted!
Utilizing your iPad isn't really a passive task. With its lovely touchscreen, back and front cameras, and sweeping number of apps, the iPad 2 is ideal for doing stuff--for development, developing, and organizing. are looking to plan an occasion? deal with your mail and calendars? catch and edit a video? Even construct a wiki?
- Taking Your iPhone 4 to the Max
- The Google Phone Pocket Guide
- Enterprise Mac Administrators Guide
- Effective Objective-C 2.0 52 Specific Ways to Improve Your iOS and OS X Programs
Additional resources for The iPad 2 Project Book
16. 16 The Mail, Contacts, Calendars pane. com] Chapter 1: Living in the iPad 31 3. 17). 17 Set the Show To/Cc Label switch to On. From now on, popovers listing mail in your Inbox and other mail folders display a small gray To icon next to messages addressed only to you. Deleting a single email: 1. Open an email that you want to delete. 2. Tap the trash-can icon in the top-right corner of the message. The email shrinks and disappears into the trash can in what Apple calls the genie effect. tip note If you happen to delete an email by mistake and realize your error immediately (or very soon thereafter), you can recover the email by opening the Trash folder associated with the account in question (by tapping the trash-can icon) and moving the email from Trash to your Inbox.
In the iTunes Source list, select your iPad. 4. At the top of the main iTunes pane, click the Info button. 5. Clear the check box titled Sync Address Book Contacts (Mac) or Sync Contacts (Windows). 6. Clear the check box titled Sync iCal Calendars (Mac) or Sync Calendars (Windows). 7. In the Other section, clear the check box titled Sync Safari Bookmarks (Mac) or the corresponding check box in Windows. In Windows, the name of this option depends on the browser with which you sync bookmarks. Internet Explorer, for example, calls bookmarks favorites, so if you use it to sync bookmarks, this option would be called Sync Favorites.
13 Contact options for an address in an email body. com] Chapter 1: Living in the iPad 25 Adding Other Kinds of Data to Contacts from Mail Quite often, the body of an email someone sends you contains information that you want to incorporate into a contact, such as a name and address, a phone number, or a URL. In most cases, Mail recognizes that the http:// and www. preﬁxes identify a Web site, that phone numbers and street addresses have particular combinations of characters and formatting, and that email addresses use the @ sign.
- A Jew Among Romans: The Life and Legacy of Flavius Josephus by Frederic Raphael
- Poverty and Regional Development in Eastern Europe and by William Dillinger