By Anders S. Lunde
Whole styles and easy-to-follow directions for making 30 captivating wind-driven toys: the Signaling Trainman, Flying Puffin, Colonial Dame, Indian in Canoe, Halley's Comet, Santa Claus, Submarine, and so forth. simply low-cost fabrics and some instruments are wanted. 113 illustrations.
Read or Download Easy-to-Make Whirligigs PDF
Similar crafts books
Grasp the paintings and craft of steel jewellery making on your own residence studio!
Great jewellery is unique, well-designed, and -- with the ideal instruments -- could be created at domestic by means of the aspiring artist. The Jeweler's Studio instruction manual courses you thru the method of equipping your personal jewellery studio and teaches you the options that would have you ever crafting exceptional steel jewellery in no time.
Artist Brandon Holschuh walks you thru making plans your paintings house, identifying instruments and fabrics, learning uncomplicated metalwork suggestions, and using your new talents to 20 unique items. additionally, The Jeweler's Studio instruction manual encourages novel layout, solid association and fearless experimentation, making sure it is going to stay a useful source for jewellery artists for years to come.
• invitations you into the area of the house jewellery artist, from workbench to gallery
• Teaches basic jewelry-making innovations -- hammering, soldering, riveting, and extra -- in full-color photographs
• Illustrates the stairs for crafting twenty attractive items of metalwork jewellery, together with jewelry, bracelets, rings, and pendants
• positive factors gallery-quality jewellery from dozens of contributing artists
Kathreen Ricketson, founding father of the across the world well known website WhipUp. web, provides 20 modern quilts from around the globe during this fascinating, easy-to-follow consultant. From the stunning English backyard cover to the playful highway shipping Pillow, the initiatives accrued in Whip Up Mini Quilts conceal all kinds of issues and appears.
Hand made information are on the middle of a pretty weddingadding attraction, that means, and style.
In this pleasant e-book, Eunice and Sabrina Moyle, the founders of hi! fortunate, subscribe to forces with stylist Shana Faust to deliver you over 50 wonderful initiatives. no matter if you like a latest, vintage glance or a unfashionable, homespun style, you'll locate lots of crafts and suggestion suited for your tastefrom vintage-key save-the-dates to smooth paper wreaths to silhouette bride and groom signs.
At front of the ebook you'll locate advice on picking a glance, sourcing fabrics, and dealing out timelines. Then, all the 50 initiatives are totally defined with photographs, how-to diagrams, and step by step instructions.
Clever, artistic, and budget-friendly, hand-crafted Weddings is the right guide for the bride trying to kind her day her means.
Grasp the paintings of ribbon plant life!
Nicholas Kniel and Timothy Wright train their approach to developing wonderful ribbon plant life during this selection of illustrated, step by step classes. With just a couple of yards of ribbon, you can also make the appropriate embellishment for any garment, domestic decor merchandise, marriage ceremony get together and more.
• 33 plant life offer a variety of concepts for any craft or stitching project.
• nine venture rules motivate you to create well known ribbon flower goods, reminiscent of corsages, boutonnieres, French bulletin forums, bouquets and hair pins, or to layout your own creations.
• 10 recommendations describe the right way to organize ribbons to be used and the way to complete the ultimate flower with clips, pins and stems.
- Chained: Create Gorgeous Chain Mail Jewelry One Ring at a Time
- How to Fix Absolutely Anything: A Homeowner's Guide
- Handmade Hellos: Fresh Greeting Card Projects from First-Rate Crafters
- Keiko's Ikebana: A Contemporary Approach to the Traditional Japanese Art of Flower Arranging
- Singer The New Sewing Essentials
- The Mystic Warriors of the Plains
Extra resources for Easy-to-Make Whirligigs
I think the configuration I settled on is very pleasing. indd 51 12/12/03, 9:43:53 AM 1 Single-thread your needle with about 1 yard of thread and string on 36 lavender seed beads. 2 8 For the final row, string on three lavender seed beads between each point bead of the previous row, as shown in Figure 4-17. Pass the needle back through the beads again and pull them into a ring. Tie a square-knot to secure the ring. 3 String on three lavender seed beads and go back into the ring two beads away from where you started.
The bead weaving is all that secures the stone. It is a little tricky to get it to fit just right, but the results are well worth the effort. indd 54 54 12/12/03, 9:44:36 AM 1 2 Tie a stop bead on the end of your single-thread. Refer to Figure 4-19 for the weaving pattern vertically. Using the bicones and the brown seed beads, string on eight seed beads, one bicone, and eight more seed beads. 6 String on three brown seed beads and pass the needle through the center bead of the five white ones for each pattern repeat, on one side only, as shown in Figure 4-21.
Figure 3-16 4 Pass the thread through the second bugle and pull up snugly, as shown in Figure 3-17. Figure 3-17 5 Fold the two clusters at an angle to each other, string on five seed beads and one bugle, and pass the thread up through the first seed bead you picked up, as shown in Figure 3-18. Note: The order you string Figure 3-18 on the beads changes with this step. The Painted Stone Doughnut Necklace, shown here and with complete instructions on pages 62 and 63, features a herringbone chain with several bead colors.
- The Beginner's Handbook of Woodcarving: With Project by William Johnston, Charles Beiderman
- Die Information by James Gleick