By Shafie Rahel
Read Online or Download Cultural Policy in Afghanistan, Issue 31 PDF
Best cultural books
The Lowell Institute in Boston, Massachusetts, based in 1836, helps an annual sequence of uncommon lectures. Henry Drummond, the influential Scottish scientist, unfastened Church minister, explorer and evangelist released his Lowell Lectures because the Ascent of guy in 1894. This provocative e-book examines Darwinism in a Christian context.
Contents: Foreword ix; I. Social technology in hindrance 1; II. the concept that of "Culture" eleven; III. The trend of yankee tradition fifty four; IV. The Social Sciences as instruments 114; V. Values and the Social Sciences one hundred eighty; VI. a few Outrageous Hypotheses 202; Index 251Originally released in 1939.
Singular and Plural develops a framework for studying ideologies of linguistic authority and illuminates the institutional and interpersonal politics of language in Catalonia. Drawing on ethnographic study throughout thirty years of political autonomy, Kathryn Woolard exhibits new relationships of Catalan language, identification, and politics within the new millennium.
- Ethnicity, Religion and Class in Israeli Society
- Cult Places and Cultural Change in Republican Italy: A Contextual Approach to Religious Aspects of Rural Society After the Roman Conquest
- New Cosmopolitanisms: South Asians in the US (Asian America)
- Cultural Climate and Linguistic Style: Change in English Fictional Prose from the Late Victorian to the Early Modern Period
- Ethnographic Research: A Guide to General Conduct (Research Methods in Social Anthropology 1)
- To Be An American: Cultural Pluralism and the Rhetoric of Assimilation (Critical America Series)
Extra info for Cultural Policy in Afghanistan, Issue 31
T h e subjects include social, economic, cultural and political affairs and Afghan geography, history and art. Baihaqi also publishes books which are awarded State prizes in the annual competitions. During the period 1970-74 it published eighty-five titles. Publications Department This department, which has a pivotal role, is responsible for supervising the publication of all newspapers, periodicals and magazines in Afghanistan, and the cultural contacts the ministry maintains with foreign countries.
A. degree in journalism from Kabul University. M a n y of these, and most of the technicians, have also trained abroad, especially in the Federal Republic of Germany, with which Radio Afghanistan has a co-operation agreement. T h e radio is also financially and technically assisted by the Federal Republic of Germany. Radio Afghanistan has a monthly magazine called Pashtoon Zhagh. Television T h e government is considering the financing of a national television station, designed by NHK of Japan.
In s o m e cases, newspapers are a shop’s primary occupation; in others, they represent merely part of its business. In a n effort to raise standards, the government, in co-operation with the University of Kabul, has encouraged training for professional journalists. T h e Ministry of Information and Culture employs many of the graduates of the Department of Journalism of K a b u l University. As a result of this policy, most of the nation’s editors, as well as reporters for the national and the provincial press, are graduates in journalism.
- Ornamental Origami: Exploring 3D Geometric Designs by Meenakshi Mukerji
- The Great Brain Debate: Nature Or Nuture by John E. Dowling