By Gina M Ankner
Reflecting the newest practices within the box, medical selection Making: Case experiences in Medical-Surgical Nursing, 2d version bridges the distance among thought and medical program. Emphasizing holistic nursing care, the instances support readers sharpen severe pondering talents and achieve hands-on event making use of what they examine. The greater than forty medical-surgical case histories and similar questions are in line with real-life buyer events. each case includes an introductory "blueprint" of variables that needs to be thought of whereas comparing a selected state of affairs in regards to the purchaser, nursing protocol, and atmosphere of care.
Read Online or Download Clinical Decision Making: Case Studies in Medical-Surgical Nursing PDF
Similar education & training books
The 1st publication of its style to deal with suicide, self-injury, and violence in class settingsThe frequency of suicide, scholars' self-injury, and violence at school settings calls for preventative and reaction guidelines and tactics for the security and safety of school and scholars. Suicide, Self-Injury, and Violence within the faculties: review, Prevention, and Intervention options is the 1st publication to supply first responders?
Probably the most the most important parts of education--the acquisition of literacy--is tested the following with a good blend of conception and perform. The sociocultural point of view is illustrated via descriptions of studying through populations often overlooked in remedies of literacy--American signal Language clients, second-language audio system, and minority scholars.
The newest ebook from Cengage studying on Atkinson & Hilgard's creation to Psychology
Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy — a kind of remedy that comprises hearing the innate knowledge of the physique — is a dynamic and turning out to be box that has developed vastly for the reason that Eugene Gendlin first released the textual content Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy in 1996. This booklet explores contemporary strategies resembling Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy as a reaction to trauma, Wholebody Focusing, and the way Focusing has been tailored in Japan and South Korea.
- Case Files High-Risk Obstetrics (1st Edition)
- Training the Counsellor: An Integrative Model
- The Residency Interview: How To Make the Best Possible Impression
- EMQs and MCQs for medical finals
Extra resources for Clinical Decision Making: Case Studies in Medical-Surgical Nursing
C O HE N Questions (continued) 9. Discuss the cultural/spiritual considerations the nurse should keep in mind while creating a plan of care for Mr. Cohen’s pain management. 10. What are three nonpharmacologic nursing interventions to help manage Mr. Cohen’s pain? 11. How would the nurse measure the effectiveness of the interventions suggested in question number 10? 12. Should the nurse be concerned about the adverse effects of respiratory depression and hypotension when giving oxycodone/acetaminophen (Percocet) to Mr.
Kaberry’s symptoms. List at least five other manifestations of sleep apnea the nurse should ask if he has experienced. 5. Briefly discuss Mr. Kaberry’s predisposing risk factors for sleep apnea syndrome. How common is sleep apnea in the United States? 6. Discuss the anatomy and physiology that causes obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. 7. Explain how sleep apnea syndrome is diagnosed. 8. What are the potential complications associated with sleep apnea syndrome? 9. Discuss the interventions to consider when planning the medical management of Mr.
5. What are the potential complications of the ABG collection procedure? 6. Discuss the nursing responsibilities after the ABG sample is obtained. 7. Explain how an ABG sample should be transported to the laboratory for processing. 8. How long does it take to obtain ABG results? 9. Briefly discuss at least five factors that can cause false ABG results. 10. What are the normal ranges for each of the ABG components in an adult: pH, partial pressure of carbon dioxide (PaCO2), bicarbonate (HCO32), oxygen saturation (SaO2), and partial pressure of oxygen (PaO2)?
- Audiences and Publics: When Cultural Engagement Matters for by Sonia Livingstone
- The Dragon Who Loved Me by G.A. Aiken