By Jack Nutting
It's in magazines and newspapers, it truly is on tv and radio, it truly is on buses and billboards and pretty well all over you glance. The iPad is the touchscreen capsule from Apple, representing the subsequent new release of cellular computing. filled with dozens of latest gains, the iOS 3.2 SDK allows you to construct subtle, desktop-quality apps for this intriguing new platform. each iPhone and iPod contact app developer seeking to take your next step and stream into the iPad area probably want to learn this e-book from hide to cover.
Beginning iPad improvement for iPhone builders: studying the iPad SDK has all of the solutions, and you will find them awarded with a similar easy-to-follow type and thorough assurance you might have come to anticipate from titles like Beginning iPhone three Development—everything an aspiring iPad developer must comprehend to create nice apps.
Best-selling authors Jack Nutting, Dave Wooldridge, and Dave Mark exhibit iPhone builders the best way to grasp the entire iPad-exclusive frameworks and lines, that are defined, verified in motion, and positioned via their paces during this accomplished programming advisor. you will get an in depth figuring out of the hot characteristic set and achieve each attainable virtue within the iTunes App Store.
Read or Download Beginning iPad Development for iPhone Developers: Mastering the iPad SDK PDF
Similar tablets & e-readers books
IPad app improvement is scorching, with greater than 140,000 apps to be had particularly for the machine and that quantity starting to be each day. The creation of iOS five and iCloud offers builders much more recommendations to create significant iPad apps. This quick and pleasant advisor to iPad app improvement is totally up-to-date for the latest enhancements and covers every thing you must recognize, beginning with how one can obtain the SDK and turn into an Apple developer the entire solution to winding up your app and filing it to the App shop.
"Quickly layout and increase compelling consumer interfaces on your Android purposes Leverage the Android systems flexibility and tool to layout impactful user-interfaces construct compelling, basic purposes that would glance nice on any Android equipment Make your program stand proud of the remaining with kinds and issues a pragmatic newbies consultant to take you step by step in the course of the technique of constructing consumer interfaces to get your functions spotted!
Utilizing your iPad isn't really a passive task. With its lovely touchscreen, back and front cameras, and sweeping number of apps, the iPad 2 is ideal for doing stuff--for development, developing, and organizing. are looking to plan an occasion? deal with your mail and calendars? trap and edit a video? Even construct a wiki?
- Beginning iOS Apps with Facebook and Twitter APIs: for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- iOS 7 By Tutorials
- Android on x86: An Introduction to Optimizing for Intel® Architecture
- Model-based Health Monitoring of Hybrid Systems
Additional resources for Beginning iPad Development for iPhone Developers: Mastering the iPad SDK
In the View window, control-click (or right-click) the UIBarButtonItem, and a dark-gray contextual menu will appear with a list of items. Click the selector’s empty dot (listed under Sent Actions), and while holding down the mouse button, drag the cursor over to the File’s Owner icon in the main window. You’ll see a blue line connecting the button to your cursor’s location (see Figure 2–7). After you release the mouse button, a dark-gray menu will appear above File’s Owner. Select urlbuttonTapped from that hovering menu to bind the UIBarButtonItem to the urlbuttonTapped method.
The beauty of this new API is that all of the content you pass to the PDF graphics context is automatically translated into PDF data. After creating a new page, anything you can draw into a custom view can be drawn into your PDF, including text, bitmap images, and even vector-based shapes. For content that might not fit within the bounding box of a single PDF page, such as a large amount of text, you can call UIGraphicsBeginPDFPage or UIGraphicsBeginPDFPageWithInfo every time you need to close the current page and start a new page.
2. Exclusive to the iPad, popovers display a secondary view on top of the main view. Typically, this subview contains user-selectable settings or additional contents that do not require the full screen. Remember the iPad apps showcased in Chapter 1? On the iPad, both Brushes (Figure 1–4) and Synotes (Figure 1–8) utilize popovers to display views that previously required navigating between separate iPhone screens. A popover controller can contain almost any kind of view you want. Although popovers are most commonly displayed when users tap toolbar buttons, you can program a popover to appear when tapping other types of objects, such as an image, a map item, or a custom interface element.
- Advanced iOS 4 programming : developing mobile applications by Maher Ali
- The Destructive Element: British Psychoanalysis and by Lyndsey Stonebridge