By Caroline Humphrey, Stephen Hugh-Jones
This booklet matters barter, a transaction during which items are exchanged at once for each other wit....
Read Online or Download Barter, Exchange and Value: An Anthropological Approach PDF
Similar cultural books
The Lowell Institute in Boston, Massachusetts, based in 1836, helps an annual sequence of individual lectures. Henry Drummond, the influential Scottish scientist, unfastened Church minister, explorer and evangelist released his Lowell Lectures because the Ascent of guy in 1894. This provocative ebook examines Darwinism in a Christian context.
Contents: Foreword ix; I. Social technological know-how in concern 1; II. the concept that of "Culture" eleven; III. The trend of yank tradition fifty four; IV. The Social Sciences as instruments 114; V. Values and the Social Sciences one hundred eighty; VI. a few Outrageous Hypotheses 202; Index 251Originally released in 1939.
Singular and Plural develops a framework for reading ideologies of linguistic authority and illuminates the institutional and interpersonal politics of language in Catalonia. Drawing on ethnographic examine throughout thirty years of political autonomy, Kathryn Woolard indicates new relationships of Catalan language, id, and politics within the new millennium.
- The Foundations of Ethnic Politics: Separatism of States and Nations in Eurasia and the World
- Anthropology as Cultural Critique: An Experimental Moment in the Human Sciences
- Risk and Sociocultural Theory: New Directions and Perspectives
- Pierre Bourdieu and Cultural Theory: Critical Investigations
- Bret Easton Ellis: Underwriting the Contemporary (American Literature Readings in the 21st Century)
- Cultural Transfer through Translation. The Circulation of Enlightened Thought in Europe by Means of Translation. (Internationale Forschungen Zur Allgemeinen & Vergleichenden Literaturwissenschaft)
Extra info for Barter, Exchange and Value: An Anthropological Approach
And D. L. Medin. 1981. Categories and Concepts. : •:''•; Harvard University Press. Jhoirias, N. 1986a. Social and cultural dynamics in early Marqucsan history. PhD thesj$> Australian National University. 1986b. *Le roide Talmata": Iotete and the transformation of south Marqucsan politics* 1826-1842. Journal of Pacific History, 21: 3-20. 1987. Unstable categories: tapu and gender in the Marquesas. In C. Ralston and N. ) Sanctity and Power: Gender in Pacific Hisiory (special issue, Journal of Pacific History, 22 (3-4)).
E. 1853. Journal of a Cruise among the Islands of the Western Pacific. London: Murray. Flcurieu, C. P. C. de. 1798. Voyage autour du momle 1790-1792 par Etlenne Marchand. Paris: Imp. de la Rdpublique. Forbes, Charles. 1815. [in the ship Indus]. Essex Institute Library, Salem (Pacific Manuscript Bureau microfilm 202]. Gill, W, 1856. Gems from the Coral Islands. London: Ward. Gunson, Niel. 1969. Pomare II of Tahiti and Polynesian imperialism. Journal of Pacific History 4: 65-82. Henry, S. P. and J.
Volume II. The Voyage of the Resolution and the Adventure, Cambridge: Hakluyt Society. Becchey, R W. 1831. Narrative of a Voyage to the Pacific... in the years 1825, 26, 27, 28. London: Henry Colburn and R. Benlley. Bennett, R D. 1804. Narrative of a Whaling Voyage around the Globe... 1833-1836. London: Bentley. Bennett, Judith. 1987. Wealth of the Solomons: a History of a Pacific Archipelago, 1800-1978. Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press. Browning, R. L. 1833-1836. Notes on the South Sea Islands.
- A Day in the Life of the Brain (Brain Works) by Ana Maria Rodriguez
- Sewing School 2: Lessons in Machine Sewing; 20 Projects Kids by Andria Lisle, Amie Petronis Plumley